Aqaba, located on the Red Sea in Jordan, is a popular diving destination known for its clear waters, vibrant coral reefs, and diverse marine life. Here’s a suggested itinerary for a diving tour in Aqaba:
Day 1: Arrival in Aqaba
- Arrive at King Hussein International Airport in Aqaba or Queen Alia International Airport in Amman and transfer to your hotel in Aqaba.
- Check-in and relax after your journey.
- Visit a local dive shop to finalize your diving plans, including equipment rental and dive sites.
Day 2: Diving in Aqaba
- Start your day with an early breakfast at your hotel.
- Head to the dive center or marina to meet your diving instructor or guide.
- Enjoy two boat dives in the Red Sea. Aqaba offers a variety of dive sites, including coral gardens, shipwrecks, and underwater caves. Some popular dive sites in Aqaba include the Cedar Pride Shipwreck, the Japanese Garden, and the Seven Sisters.
- Take a break for lunch on the boat or at a beachside restaurant.
- After your dives, return to your hotel to relax and freshen up.
- In the evening, explore Aqaba’s downtown area, visit local markets, and dine at a seafood restaurant.
Day 3: Diving and Snorkeling
- Another early start for a day of diving and snorkeling.
- Explore different dive sites or revisit your favorites, depending on your interests and the recommendations of your dive instructor.
- If you have non-divers in your group, they can enjoy snorkeling in the same areas, as many dive sites have shallow sections with excellent visibility.
- After a day of underwater exploration, return to your hotel to rest and enjoy the facilities.
Day 4: Diving or Relaxation
- On your last day, you can choose to go for one more dive in the morning or opt for a more relaxed day.
- If you decide to dive, explore new sites or revisit your favorite dive spots.
- Alternatively, spend the day relaxing on the beach, exploring the city, or taking a glass-bottom boat tour if you have non-divers in your group.
- In the evening, enjoy a farewell dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 5: Departure
- Depending on your flight schedule, you may have some free time to explore Aqaba further or do some last-minute shopping.
- Check-out from your hotel and transfer to the airport for your departure.
Remember to plan your diving trip with a certified dive operator who follows safety guidelines and provides quality equipment. Always check the weather and sea conditions before diving, and ensure you have the necessary certifications and experience for the dive sites you choose to explore. Jordan’s Red Sea offers a unique underwater experience, and Aqaba is an excellent gateway for diving enthusiasts.