Visiting Jordan offers a rich and diverse travel experience with a blend of ancient history, stunning landscapes, and warm hospitality. Here’s an overview of some of the must-visit places and activities in Jordan:
1. Petra: Petra is Jordan’s most famous attraction and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Known as the “Rose City” due to the color of the stone from which it is carved, Petra is famous for its rock-cut architecture, with the Treasury (Al-Khazneh) being the most iconic structure. Exploring the Siq, a narrow canyon leading to Petra, is an unforgettable experience.
2. Wadi Rum: Wadi Rum, often called the “Valley of the Moon,” is a desert wilderness characterized by dramatic sandstone mountains and vast dunes. Visitors can take jeep tours, camel treks, or hike to viewpoints. Stargazing in Wadi Rum is exceptional due to the clear desert skies.
3. Dead Sea: The Dead Sea is the lowest point on Earth and known for its high salinity, allowing you to float effortlessly on its surface. The mineral-rich mud along the shores is believed to have therapeutic properties. Relax at one of the luxurious Dead Sea resorts and enjoy the unique experience.
4. Amman: Jordan’s capital city, Amman, offers a mix of modernity and history. Explore the Amman Citadel with its ancient ruins, visit the Roman Theater, and wander through the vibrant streets of downtown Amman. Be sure to try delicious Jordanian cuisine at local restaurants.
5. Jerash: Jerash is one of the best-preserved Roman cities in the world. It boasts well-preserved theaters, temples, and colonnaded streets. Visiting Jerash is like stepping back in time to the days of the Roman Empire.
6. Mount Nebo: According to biblical tradition, Mount Nebo is where Moses viewed the Promised Land before his death. It offers panoramic views of the Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea.
7. Madaba: Madaba is known as the “City of Mosaics” due to its exquisite mosaic artworks, including the famous Madaba Map, a mosaic map of the Holy Land from the 6th century. Explore St. George’s Church and other mosaic-adorned sites.
8. Dana Biosphere Reserve: For nature lovers and hikers, the Dana Biosphere Reserve offers stunning landscapes, hiking trails, and a chance to see unique wildlife and flora in a protected environment.
9. Aqaba: Jordan’s only coastal city, Aqaba, is located on the Red Sea. It’s a gateway to snorkeling and diving adventures with vibrant coral reefs and marine life. You can also enjoy watersports, relax on beautiful beaches, and explore Aqaba’s markets.
10. Desert Castles: Explore the desert castles in eastern Jordan, such as Qasr Amra and Qasr Kharana, which showcase early Islamic art and architecture.
Embark on a group tour to Jordan’s most visited attractions and experience the local food and culture in Either a classic tour to Jordan or a luxury tour that book you in 5 star hotels and a luxurious Camping in Wadi Rum. Jordan offers a unique sort of desserts and food, when arriving in Amman, we’ll take you to the best restaurants and desserts shops to eat and take away some sweets packages that is considered apart of Jordanian’s traditions.