A 3-day tour to Petra and the Dead Sea is a great way to explore some of the most iconic and beautiful destinations in Jordan. Here’s a suggested itinerary for your trip:
Day 1: Arrival in Amman
- Arrive at Queen Alia International Airport in Amman, Jordan.
- Transfer to your hotel in Amman and check-in.
- Depending on your arrival time, you may have some free time to explore Amman or relax at your hotel.
Day 2: Petra
- Early morning departure from Amman to Petra (approximately 3-4 hours by car). Alternatively, you can take a domestic flight to Aqaba, which is closer to Petra.
- Arrive in Petra and begin your tour of the ancient city. Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
- Explore the Siq, a narrow canyon that leads to the iconic Treasury (Al-Khazneh). This is one of Petra’s most famous and photographed sites.
- Continue your exploration of Petra by visiting the Royal Tombs, the Theater, and the Monastery.
- Optional: Climb up to the viewpoint known as the “High Place of Sacrifice” for a panoramic view of Petra.
- Overnight stay in a hotel near Petra.
Day 3: Petra and Dead Sea
- Spend the morning exploring any remaining sites in Petra that you didn’t have a chance to visit on Day 2.
- After your visit to Petra, depart for the Dead Sea (approximately 2-3 hours by car).
- Arrive at a Dead Sea resort or hotel. The Dead Sea is famous for its high salinity, which allows you to float effortlessly on the water’s surface.
- Enjoy a relaxing float in the Dead Sea and take advantage of the therapeutic mud, which is known for its skin benefits.
- Spend the evening at the Dead Sea, relaxing at the resort or spa, and watching the sunset over the sea.
- Overnight stay at a Dead Sea hotel.
Day 4: Departure
- Enjoy a leisurely morning at the Dead Sea, taking in the unique experience.
- Check out from your hotel and transfer back to Amman or the nearest airport for your departure.
Please note that this is just a suggested itinerary, and you can adjust it based on your preferences and available time. If you have more time, you can explore other attractions in Jordan, such as Wadi Rum, Jerash, or the Amman Citadel. Be sure to check the opening hours and any travel advisories related to these destinations before your trip.