You’ll also see some of Jordan’s top attractions – the Dead Sea, Wadi Rum, and Petra – during the day, making this a perfect trip for space lovers. There are a few key things you can do to make your visit to the famous ancient city of Petra even more enjoyable.
While on holiday in Jordan, visit gorgeous Petra before heading to Wadi Rum where you can camp under gorgeous desert skies. Travel Jordan on one of Encounters Jordan MW‘s group tours, where we’ll discover ancient Roman ruins scattered across the sand, enjoy unforgettable sunsets in the desert, and explore the lost city of Petra and the Red Sea. Admire the Wadi Rum
Desert as you breathe in its incredible rocky landscape and monolithic formations on a special Wadi Rum Desert 4WD Tour.
- Spectacular Desert Landscape: Wadi Rum is famous for its stunning desert scenery, featuring vast, red sand dunes, towering rock formations, and unique sandstone mountains. The Martian-like landscape is a sight to behold and offers fantastic opportunities for photography and exploration.
- Outdoor Adventure: Wadi Rum is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. You can engage in various activities such as hiking, rock climbing, camel trekking, and desert safaris. The rugged terrain and vast open spaces make it an ideal destination for adventure seekers.
- Bedouin Culture: The area is inhabited by the Bedouin people, who have a rich cultural heritage and a unique way of life. Visitors have the chance to experience Bedouin hospitality, learn about their traditions, and even stay in traditional desert camps for an authentic cultural immersion.
- Stargazing: The desert’s remote location and low light pollution make it an excellent spot for stargazing. On clear nights, you can witness a breathtaking display of stars and constellations that are not easily visible in more urbanized areas.
- Movie Locations: Wadi Rum has been used as a filming location for several famous movies, including “Lawrence of Arabia” and “The Martian.” If you’re a film enthusiast, you can explore the sites where these iconic films were shot.
- Peace and Tranquility: Wadi Rum offers a serene and tranquil environment, making it an ideal place for those seeking a break from the hustle and bustle of city life. The vast desert expanse allows visitors to find solitude and peace in nature.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site: In recognition of its unique desert landscape and cultural significance, Wadi Rum was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This designation underscores its importance as a natural and cultural treasure.
- Unique Rock Formations: The rock formations in Wadi Rum are not only visually stunning but also provide opportunities for rock climbing and bouldering. Whether you’re an experienced climber or a beginner, you can find routes suitable for your skill level.
- Diverse Flora and Fauna: Despite its arid environment, Wadi Rum is home to a surprising diversity of desert plants and wildlife. You may spot desert foxes, oryx, and various bird species while exploring the area.
- Rich History: Wadi Rum has a history dating back thousands of years, with evidence of human settlements and petroglyphs (rock carvings) scattered throughout the region. History enthusiasts can explore these ancient remnants.
Overall, Wadi Rum offers a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural heritage, adventure, and tranquility that makes it a must-visit destination for travelers seeking a distinctive desert experience in the Middle East.
Join us on Jordan MW of Jordan to discover these treasures and more, celebrate the New Year in the desert, or experience something unusual on our selection of private tours. Whether you are part of a Jordan MW tour, one of our guaranteed departure tours, or even our bar mitzvah tour.
Our stepping stone to Jordan’s fascinating ancient trading history is the white stone city of Amman, which you will have the opportunity to explore at your leisure after being dropped off at your hotel from the airport. Day 2 Explore ancient Jerash.
This morning we will go on a tour of Amman to see the Amman Citadel, the Archaeological Museum, the Roman Amphitheater and the Folklore Museum.
Hotel La Locanda October 2 March 24 Amman, Petra On our first day in Jordan we will visit the ancient ruins of the Amman Citadel. Once in Amman, you’ll see so many buildings and sights that it takes two days to pay homage to Petra on a trip to Jordan. After this wonderful day, return to the hotel for dinner and overnight. On this morning tour of Amman, discover the stunning contrast: a unique blend of old and new, ideally situated on the rolling hills between the desert and the fertile Jordan Valley. With the cosmopolitan cafes of Amman, the tranquil Mount Danas and the historical treasures of Madaba, you might come to Jordan to visit the magnificent ruins of Petra, but you’ll leave with much more.
as a CONCLUSION here’s why you should book a complete tour with us as the following hot destinations offers a lot of adventure for both solo travelers and groups, here’s why you should see these sites:
Wadi Rum offers a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural heritage, adventure, and tranquility that makes it a must-visit destination for travelers seeking a distinctive desert experience in the Middle East..
Petra is a must-visit destination due to its historical, architectural, and natural beauty. It offers a unique blend of history, culture, and breathtaking landscapes that make it one of the world’s most iconic and captivating archaeological sites.
Wadi Mujib offers a unique combination of natural beauty, adventure opportunities, and conservation efforts. It’s a destination that appeals to both nature lovers and adventure seekers, making it a worthwhile addition to your travel plans in Jordan.
Dana Biosphere Reserve offers a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural encounters, outdoor activities, and educational opportunities. It’s a destination that allows visitors to connect with nature, support conservation efforts, and immerse themselves in the rich biodiversity and cultural heritage of Jordan.
the Dead Sea offers a combination of natural beauty, therapeutic benefits, unique experiences, and historical significance that make it a must-visit destination for travelers seeking something truly out of the ordinary.
Wadi Rum offers a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural heritage, adventure, and tranquility that makes it a must-visit destination for travelers seeking an unforgettable desert experience in the heart of Jordan.