Jordan is a country with a rich history, stunning landscapes, and a variety of unique activities to offer visitors. Here are some unique activities you can enjoy in Jordan:
- Explore Petra: Petra is one of Jordan’s most iconic attractions, known for its ancient rock-cut architecture and its famous Treasury building. You can explore the ancient city of Petra on foot, hike to the Monastery, or take a guided tour to learn about its history and significance.
- Wadi Rum Desert Camping: Spend a night under the starry desert sky by camping in the Wadi Rum desert. You can book a Bedouin-style camp and enjoy traditional meals, camel rides, and jeep tours through the otherworldly landscape.
- Float in the Dead Sea: The Dead Sea is famous for its high salt concentration, which allows you to effortlessly float on its surface. Visitors also enjoy the therapeutic mud found along its shores, believed to have healing properties for the skin.
- Scuba Diving in the Red Sea: Aqaba, located on the Red Sea, offers excellent scuba diving opportunities. Explore colorful coral reefs, shipwrecks, and a diverse range of marine life, including exotic fish and even the occasional dolphin or turtle.
- Hot Air Ballooning in Wadi Rum: Soar above the unique desert landscape of Wadi Rum in a hot air balloon. This experience offers breathtaking panoramic views of the desert and its towering sandstone mountains.
- Visit the Baptism Site: The Baptism Site (Bethany Beyond the Jordan) is believed to be the place where Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. It’s a significant religious site, and you can visit the archaeological remains and historical churches in the area.
- Trekking in Dana Biosphere Reserve: Explore the Dana Biosphere Reserve, a protected area that offers a variety of trekking and hiking trails. You can experience the natural beauty of Jordan while spotting wildlife and enjoying the diverse landscapes.
- Visit the Desert Castles: Jordan has a collection of well-preserved desert castles, including Qasr Amra, Qasr Kharana, and Qasr Azraq. These castles showcase early Islamic art and architecture and provide insights into the region’s history.
- Explore Jerash: Jerash is home to some of the best-preserved Roman ruins in the world. You can walk through the ancient streets, visit the Roman theaters, and witness well-preserved temples and arches.
- Experience Bedouin Culture: Spend time with the local Bedouin communities in Jordan’s desert regions. You can learn about their traditional way of life, enjoy a Bedouin-style meal, and even participate in cultural activities like music and dancing.
- Stargazing in Wadi Rum: The desert of Wadi Rum is known for its clear skies, making it an excellent location for stargazing. You can join organized stargazing tours to observe the night sky and learn about the constellations and celestial objects.
These unique activities in Jordan offer a blend of history, culture, and natural beauty that make it a remarkable destination for travelers seeking diverse experiences.