Jordan is a beautiful country with a rich history and diverse landscapes, offering a wide range of experiences for travelers. The best itinerary for a tour in Jordan will depend on your interests and the amount of time you have available. Here’s a suggested 7 to 10-day itinerary that covers some of the country’s highlights:
Day 1: Arrival in Amman
- Arrive at Queen Alia International Airport in Amman.
- Check-in to your hotel and rest after your journey.
- Explore the Amman Citadel and the Roman Theater.
- Stroll through the lively streets of downtown Amman.
- Visit the Jordan Museum for a deeper understanding of Jordan’s history.
- Head north to the ancient city of Jerash and explore its well-preserved Roman ruins.
- Visit Ajloun Castle for panoramic views of the Jordan Valley.
Day 4: Desert Castles
- Take a day trip to the Eastern Desert and visit the Desert Castles like Qasr Amra and Qasr Kharana.
- Return to Amman in the evening.
- Drive to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on Earth.
- Float in the salty waters and enjoy the therapeutic mud.
- Relax at a Dead Sea resort.
- Travel to Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
- Spend the day exploring the ancient city, including the Treasury, Monastery, and other archaeological sites.
- Overnight in Petra.
Day 7: Wadi Rum
- Drive to Wadi Rum, a stunning desert landscape known for its unique rock formations.
- Take a jeep tour or go camel trekking through the desert.
- Enjoy a night under the stars in a Bedouin camp.
- Head to the coastal city of Aqaba on the Red Sea.
- Relax on the beach, go snorkeling, or take a boat trip to explore the coral reefs.
- Overnight in Aqaba.
Day 9: Dana Biosphere Reserve
- Drive to Dana Biosphere Reserve for hiking and wildlife watching.
- Explore the village of Dana and stay at a lodge within the reserve.
Day 10: Back to Amman
- Return to Amman, stopping at the crusader castle of Karak en route.
- Spend your last evening in Amman exploring the city or doing some last-minute shopping.
Of course, this is just one possible itinerary, and Jordan has much more to offer, including religious sites like Mount Nebo and Madaba, the ancient city of Umm Qais, and the Ma’in Hot Springs. Be sure to customize your itinerary based on your interests and the time you have available. Additionally, always check the current political and safety situation in Jordan before planning your trip, and consider hiring a local guide for a more immersive experience.
For Reservations & Enquiries:
T: +962792154888 F: +962 6 4611129 Mob: +962795841113
P.O. Box 8018, Amman 11121, Jordan. Trip500.com